Financial Planning / Grant Coordination
K.E. McCartney & Associates, Inc. will assist communities in developing an affordable financial plan for their public works program. In today's intensive regulatory environment many communities find it difficult to pay for infrastructure repair or replacement. We know that our public sector clients struggle with developing a cash flow that supports debt service to make improvements while not lessening the quality of other services. KEM is committed to helping your community find real financial solutions. Shifting resources from one program to pay for another may work in the short run, but almost always leads to deteriorated services in underfunded programs.
Outright grants to fully fund expensive projects are rare today. However, multiple sources can be found. By combining the resources of state, federal, and sometimes county governments, a workable plan can be developed.
Keys to Effective Financing:
- Knowing the local government's fiscal state and capability.
- Knowing the priorities and limitations of grant making institutions.
- Understanding how to leverage local share with grants and loans.
- Grant writing ability.
KEM is well versed in these principles which will enhance our clients efforts to produce a sound and affordable financial plan.
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
EPA Village Capital Improvements Fund (VCIF)
Water Pollution Control Loan Fund (WPCLF)
- Ohio Water Development Authority (OWDA)
Ohio Water Development Authority Loans
- Department of Natural Resources (DNR)
Parks and Recreation/LWCF
- Department of Transportation (DOT)
Transportation Enhancement Program (TEP)/FHWA TIP/ODOT Small Cities/ORDC
- Community Development Block Grants (CDBG)
Community Housing Improvement Program (CHIP)
Economic Development / Downtown Formula
Revolving Loan Fund (RLF) Water & Sewer
- Rural Development
- Ohio Public Works Commission (OPWC)
- Economic Development
Miscellaneous State Grants